What is Swedish Relaxation Massage?
The most common type of massage is Swedish massage therapy.
It involves soft, long, kneading strokes, as well as light, rhythmic, tapping strokes, on topmost layers of muscles.
This is also combined with the movement of the joints. By relieving muscle tension, Swedish therapy can be both relaxing and energizing.
Can I get a relaxation massage while pregnant?
When you are pregnant, you can use massage therapy for relaxation and to help relieve muscle tension and pain.
But for massage to be safe during pregnancy, make sure that you:
- You are at least over 13 weeks of pregnancy
- Consult your family doctor
- Tell your massage therapist that you are pregnant.
- Avoid aromatherapy oils, some of which can be unsafe during pregnancy.
Benefits of Relaxation massage
Some of the physical benefits of massage and myotherapy include:
- reduced muscle tension
- improved circulation
- stimulation of the lymphatic system
- reduction of stress hormones
- increased joint mobility and flexibility
- improved skin tone
- improved recovery of soft tissue injuries
- heightened mental alertness
- reduced anxiety and depression.